Sunday, August 11, 2013

The University of Washington Campus.. I can't believe I get to work here!

I went to college at the University of Florida, which I thought was a pretty campus when I was there, but that was probably because I didn't see many campuses before going to college. Since then, I have seen others and it has been my dream to work on an old campus, with the gorgeous buildings I love, and that FEELS like a college campus. I got a taste of this when I worked at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign... but the UW's (U dub's) Campus is special, with its view of the mountains and lake Washington ... and is somewhere I can see myself for a long time!!


For starters, they have a Quad. Every college should have to have a quad!
 

 
 
Suzzallo Library, was so gorgeous. It reminded me of Pitt's Cathedral of Learning.
 
They call this the Harry Potter room.. I'm not sure how students get any studying done in here! I would be gawking around with my mouth open the entire time.


 
So when you walk to the bottom of campus, you run into Lake Washington. One of my favorite lunchtime walks is along this route.


Those are the Cascades in the background!!


 
View from the balcony of the Hub. Unbelievable!
 
 
Denny Hall, one of the oldest on campus.
 
Paccar and Dempsey, two of the newest buildings on campus, and where I get to work!
  
I look forward to updating this post with pictures of campus in the Fall.. and then again in Spring when the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom!

No comments: