Sunday, August 11, 2013

Ferry to Kingston,a trip to Hurricane Ridge, and a stop at Dungeness Spit

June 29, 2013

I met a girl who lived next door to me, and was in Seattle only for a few months on a physical therapy rotation, and so we decided to explore a few places together.

Our first day trip was to Port Angeles, WA to visit Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic Mountains. To do so, we drove north of Seattle where we took a Ferry to Kingston. It was my first time driving my car on a ferry, and it amazed me how many cars they could fit! The drive to Port Angeles was gorgeous, as a lot of it was along the water.



Some pics of the Olympics from the Ferry ride across...


 
The view from the drive up to Hurricane Ridge, once we were in Olympic National Park.....



 
Made it to the top!!
 

Hurricane Ridge, Olympic National Park- Port Angeles, WA


 




 
 
Once we left the Visitors Center, we drove to the end where you can do a fairly easy hike a ways up, for even more spectacular views!!
 
 
 
The first of many deer. If you can't tell by now, I'm pretty amazed by deer. Didn't see too many growing up in Tampa!
 


 
A Marmot, which are only found in the Olympic National Forest!

 







 
 
 
After having lunch at this spot, this guy came to join us!

 
 
Found this guy walking along the trail on the way back down.


 
 
 
I was so unbelievably sad to leave this magical place,... as I drove away it felt like I was leaving heaven.
 
Luckily, the next stop wasn't too shabby either.
 

Dungeness Spit - Sequim, WA




 
 
It was pretty amazing going from the mountains to the water... and having this beautiful view of the mountains we had just visited.


 
 
An incredible circle rainbow!!



No comments: