Saturday, May 03, 2014

Spring Around Seattle!

As a Florida girl, I have not grown up with a Spring. Spring for Floridians is actually the best months to go to the beach! Less tourists, and it's when the weather and water temperatures are at their best! However since leaving and moving to places that have Spring, it is quickly becoming one of my favorite seasons... and Seattle has so many gorgeous Spring flowers! People here love to plant and garden and the rest of us benefit from the beauty of their flowers.

To start us off, the Cherry Blossoms trees at the University of Washington bloom each year in early-mid March- and start's Spring off right! Tourists come from all over to walk the quad and soak in their beauty. Here are a few shots!












 You can't see it from here, but if you get an aerial shot, you can see that the Cherry Blossoms 
actually form a W (for Washington!)




Here are some shots for Highland drive, the street that Kerry Park is on!










The rest are from the streets in North Seattle near where I live. I am lucky enough to walk these neighborhoods every day with my dog Peanut. 


















Below is one of my favorite yards to walk by. 




Because it was SUCH a gorgeous day one weekend in April, I couldn't bear to go back home yet, so I took a drive on 99- for one of the most amazing views of the city!


My favorite view ever! The Mountain, the Ferris wheel, and both Safeco and Century Link field. :) Will miss this so much when they tear down 99 :(





No comments: