Saturday, November 09, 2013

Sea to Sky Highway, and Squamish, British Columbia

I had heard about this amazing drive along the Sea to Sky Highway in Canada and planned to drive up there one day. Then I found a groupon for a nice hotel in a place called Squamish, which was along the STSH about forty minutes south of Whistler. I booked it and made the drive one Saturday morning.. and was blessed with a truly gorgeous weather.

Once you are north of Vancouver on Highway 99/Sea to Sky Highway, here is what awaits you!!













 
Squamish! Not a whole lot to do in this town, but it was just gorgeous. It reminded me of living in East Tennessee... just so gorgeous!!



Brackendale, a place famous for the amount of Bald Eagles here.
They weren't in the area on my visit...
 
Except this guy!!

 
Seal in the river!!




 
Gorgeous shadows on the mountains

 
The view from my hotel in the morning. Stunning!

 
This is what reminded me of Tennessee... such a gorgeous back drop behind
normal things like stop lights and grocery stores.







 
Such a gorgeous drive.. I can't wait to do it again another time! I'm continually amazed at Canada's beauty and can't wait to keep enjoying it!
-October 15, 2013 visit

No comments: